- Dr. Dan Kirby at http://alamoheightspetclinic.com.
- David & Wendy Keller Gallardo for building Avery her chair.
- Elvira & Jen Wah for dog-sitting a special needs pup.
- Canine Megaesophagus Website: http://caninemegaesophagusinfo.com
A non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. EIN: 47-3892674
To Donate (tax deductible): http://caninemegaesophagusinfo.com/donate/
- You can help the UCB (Upright Canine Brigade) by purchasing your pet supplies from chewy. For every new referral, Chewy will give the UCB $20 when using this link: http://www.chewy.com/rp/3126
- When Shopping on Amazon, please use this link and Amazon Smile will give the UCB a donation!
- When buying a neck hug from Wagtail farms. Please select Upright Canine Brigade. (place UCB in the coupon code box) They will give the UCB a 10% donation and 5% off your order!
- Benefit Wines. If you like wine and MegaE Animals, you will love visiting our Vineyard! For every bottle sold, Benefit Wines will give us $5!
What is Canine Megaesophagus? Megaesophagus is an enlarged or stretched esophagus (the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach). A normal esophagus moves food to the stomach with wave-like contractions called peristalsis. An ME dog's esophagus loses its muscle tone, becomes enlarged, and can develop pockets where food can become trapped. Since the esophagus does not function normally, food sits in the esophagus and doesn't make its way to the stomach. This can cause malnutrition and regurgitation of vast amounts of undigested materials. With upright feedings and nutritional modifications, an ME dog can live a normal life.